Name : Dave Town
Lives : Ashford, Kent
Potted Rally History:
Dave originally started rallying back in 2004 but in the opposite seat, learning about navigation and rallying on local club 12 car’s and road events.
- 2006 he competed on his first stage rally as a co-driver on searing hot day on the Essex marshland in the sprightly Fiat Uno with Matt Endean.
- 2007 was a busy year with Dave competing in a mix of road events, stage and the relatively new formula of Endurance rallying.
- 2008 saw a step up on two levels. Firstly as a co-driver competing on two Belgian national events co-driving alongside Steve Stringer in his Lotus Sunbeam, (recceing, writing and reading pacenotes for the first time) and secondly the decision to start building the Rover and start driving.
- 2009 was the first season for the newly built Rover and the first time in the driver’s seat for Dave. With Mick sitting beside him (and on the comeback from a lengthy retirement) they competed in the 2009 Endurance rally championship. With several successful results including an outright win on the Bullnose this year both the car and driver performed well..
- 2010 was the stage rally debut for Dave & Mick on the Quinton Stages based in Llandovery, Wales. An exceptional 2nd in class on this event and a 3rd on the Woodpecker rally convinced them a full BTRDA season for 2011 should be on the cards.
- 2011 saw five events competed on in the BTRDA championship with several class wins and an overall win in the MG ZR championship.