Name : Dave Town
Age : 27
Occupation : Catalogue & Data Manager
Lives : Ashford, Kent
Potted Rally History:
Dave originally started rallying back in 2004 but in the opposite seat, learning about navigation and rallying on local club 12 car’s and road events.
- 2006 he competed on his first stage rally as a co-driver on searing hot day on the Essex marshland in the sprightly Fiat Uno with Matt Endean.
- 2007 was a busy year with Dave competing in a mix of road events, stage and the relatively new formula of Endurance rallying.
- 2008 saw a step up on two levels. Firstly as a co-driver competing on two Belgian national events co-driving alongside Steve Stringer in his Lotus Sunbeam, (recceing, writing and reading pacenotes for the first time) and secondly the decision to start building the Rover and start driving.
- 2009 was the first season for the newly built Rover and the first time in the driver’s seat for Dave. With Mick sitting beside him (and on the comeback from a lengthy retirement) they competed in the 2009 Endurance rally championship. With several successful results including an outright win on the Bullnose this year both the car and driver performed well above expectations.
- 2010 was the stage rally debut for Dave & Mick on the Quinton Stages based in Llandovery, Wales. An exceptional 2nd in class on this event and a 3rd on the Woodpecker rally convinced them a full BTRDA season for 2011 should be on the cards